Thursday, December 14, 2006


When I find spare time now I am starting to push myself to get more of my own stuff done, this is a concept sketch I am doing for Marcello's Diabla comic. The character appeals to me for many reasons but I like that I can put my slant of the horned head into it. The rest of the picture will depict a large graffiti of a chinese dragon coming out of the wall poised to grab the central characters oh and as I look at this I realize I have forgotten to draw in the guitar slung at her back. I actually prefer the sketch on the left at this stage and might re do the pencil with a smother style once the full colour image is finished.

5 comments:

Marcelo Baez said...

AWESOME!!!! Looking great Adam!! That looks better than my Lucy...damn you...

smartartist said...

Ha! thanks M, lovely lie you tell, nothing beats the original. I'm giving her a red leather jacket to further emphasize the horned ones favorite colour... not to say that black isn't up there. I hope I can do your comic some justice when it's finished.

Cornelius said...

thats really nice ! Seesm lie you are getting into your studio a fair bit right now huh? And thans for the shot of all the framed stuff Im so flattered you got all that famed! c

Cornelius said...

ps sorry about the spelling. no sleep.c

smartartist said...

Don't worry eyem the wurst at speling, that's why I draw pictures... no spelling.
I'm definitely trying to draw more. I have to, otherwise I'll look pretty stupid sitting next to both you and Marcelo at Supanova next year.